This post is to let you know Brittney, that you are an amazing person! You work harder than anyone I know and it doesn't go unnoticed. It's too bad that we as husbands have grown accustomed to the one day a year we are "supposed" to celebrate you as mothers. The things you do for me and the kids should be celebrated everyday and that hasn't happened so far, for that I am sorry. It's safe to say that this year has been a little tougher for us, but I know that will only make us stronger. I remember the man you married, I know he's in here somewhere.. and I will try my hardest to get him back.
Being a mother has to be one of the hardest jobs in the world. I find it hilarious when people ask me... "Does your wife work, or is she a stay at home mom?" ... I say "yes". I can see how you might feel lost in your role as a mother... with all the dirty laundry, diapers, toy messes, dirty dishes, bills, lily's OCD breakfast habbits, owen's tantrums, my messes, ironing, lunches for he kids, more dishes, more laundry, grocery shopping, trying to squeeze in american idol, sewing for people at church, sewing for friends, sewing for yourself, more laundry and dishes.......uuugggghhhhhh im exhuasted just typing all that. I can tell that you feel defined by all these things, that you don't have a chance to be "you"... I want you to know that while it is simply a miracle that you can get all these things done, I see you as the beautiful, funny, smart, talented, caring person that I married. You are not defined by the role you play as a mother but you are strengthened by the challenges you face along the way.
We have the most amazing kids in the world and that is because of you. It's not difficult to see how much the kids love you, if they had their wish.... you would be by their side forever. They are extremely lucky to have you as their mother.
I hope you can have a wonderful day today, and that you realize that all you do doesn't go without measure. I would be nothing without you, I love you very much.
Happy Mothers/Birthday
Love,
Brad

6 comments:
AMEN! Brad said it perfectly Brit. You are such an amazing person and your family is very lucky to have you. I know because I feel SO blessed to have had you in my life this last year. You brought out a side of me that hasn't been there for a very long time.
I have to admit that I am balling like a baby right now.. I know I am a total wuss.
Hope you have a great day today!!
p.s Thank you Brad for making her day special. That letter was awesome.
Damn your husband for making me cry! :) I love you, Brit! I saw you from the very beginning of your motherhood journey with Lily & there was no doubt that you were meant to be a Mother! You are such an amazing woman & your children/husband are blessed to have you! Have a wonderful day! xoxoxo
WOW BRAD!!! Had me crying too!! Brit- you are great. You love those kids more than anything and they know it. I hope that you had a wonderful day and birthday!! I have been blessed to have you, Brad and the kids in my life. I will always love you guys!!!
K
Happy Birthday Best friend! I love you Brittney and I hope you got those pictures I emailed you the other day! They crack me up!
Thanks for being a great friend and always a hard working example.
Love you,
Rose
Aww, that was really sweet, and totally true. Brittney, you are AMAZING! I love every single thing about you! I am so glad I got to see you a few weeks ago, even though it was so quick. I can't wait until we (hopefully) live in the same state for awhile.
I love you! Happy birthday and Mother's Day!
Way to go Brad...you really put my husband to shame on this one. Miss you guys!
Post a Comment