If you want something to last forever, you treat it differently, it becomes special because you have made it so.

Friday, April 23, 2010

Happy 9 months!

I might be alone, but as a mother with one child pregnant with my second, I had a lot of worries. One of my concerns was "could I love another baby as much as I love Lily?" Then the baby comes and the worries disappear, the first time you hold your baby in your arms. We get the teeniest glimpse of what our Father in Heaven must feel for us and our children.
Owen Has been such a blessing to my life. Owen has a condition I like to call PERMA-SMILE! He is one of the happiest babies I have ever seen.
He thinks it is hilarious that he can stand for long periods of time on his own!
He loves to look at himself in the mirror for hours (probably got it from his dad)
He loves Lily unconditionally. She could do nothing wrong in HIS eyes!

He was excited to hang on the playground bar like big sister Lil.
He loves any occasion that involves food! Don't we all!
Owen is a such a great baby. I can't to see what the future brings for him. I can see my Heavenly Fathers love through his eyes. I wish I could freeze time with my kids a lot... though sometimes I wish had a fast forward button at times too, they will always be my biggest accomplishment. The proudest moments in my life are surrounded by my kids. Owen, keep smiling!

Owen is in the 75 percentile in everything
Weighs 23 lbs

5 comments:

Brooke Trogdon said...

Wow, such a cute post. I love his smile and I totally get it now that I'm a mommy too. Babies and kids are awesome.

melanie said...

Yah perma-smile is the best. So rewarding huh. I never thought I would feel the way I do about being a mom. It's the best decision I've ever made.

Lively's said...

He definately is a happy little man! And that smile is so contagious! Congratulations on your beautiful little family! Definition of joy right there!

Kim and Jeremy Walker said...

Brit your posts on your kids always make me teary-eyed! You're family is so adorable! When I'm finally blessed with kids I hope I can be half the mom you are!

Connor & Mama said...

Seriously...Your little boy is fah-reaking ADORABLE!!! He's doing soooo good standing on his own for a long time at his age. You know once he's up & running, Lily & him are going to gang up on you! I love your beautiful family :) Happy 9 months, Mr. Owen! xoxo

P.S. Change my blog title (on the right hand side of your webpage) to "ConnorandMegan" :) Gracias!! xoxox