If you want something to last forever, you treat it differently, it becomes special because you have made it so.

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Books?

I know this may come as a surprise to most... that I'm not EXTREMELY intelligent...and that I don't find most books interesting. I have probably read 7 books in my life time, the Book of Mormon (only took like 7 years to read! sad.) 4 of them were the twilight series! AMAZING! and the other 2 i have NO clue, they were so long ago. So the whole point of this post is not to tell you how I seem to only finish books with vampires in it, but to ask if any of you could think of a book I would enjoy. Not Harry Potter, and not anything with big words...like ... i don't know Utopia. Thanks, I'm really not retarded... just a little book special! :)

7 comments:

Kevin and Celeste Christiansen said...

I love Goose Girl by Shannon Hale. She is a local author I think. And the book went fast and was a fun read. I know I have seen her books at Borders. I never looked for them at Walmart.

In a nut shell... said...

Read The Host by Stephanie Meyer, the author of Twilight. I haven't read it yet but I hear it's just amazing as her Twilight series.

Jimmy, Diane and Bentley said...

I loved those books too! Another author you might like is Jennifer Weiner. Her books are pretty much just chick flicks but I liked the ones I read. They're not amazing, just entertaining.

Anonymous said...

Here's a list of books that have been recommended by kids I teach that I have enjoyed: Diary of a Wimpy Kid (2 books in the series), Diary of a Part-Time Indian, Uglies series (4 books), Percy Jackson and the Olympians (5 books so far), The Fire of Ares, and The Giver. You could also try reading The Work and the Glory. The first half of the first book is a little slow, but it is good. I would recommend that you read Uglies first. It seems like a dim-witted teenage girl book, but it is well written with an interesting moral. Let me know how it goes. Tyler.

Raquel Ruggles said...

The Secret Life of Bees,(really cute story) The Hiding Place by Corrie Ten Boom(if you like non-fiction, historical stuff), Flags of our Fathers (longer but also good historical stuff). You and your little family are so cute. Hope all is well.

In a nut shell... said...

Oh yeah I read the "Hiding Place" and that book was amazing. I love book about the holocaust and that one was one of the best I had ever read. "Night" by Elie Wiesel was a great one too. If you love WWII books, you will love those.

Lisa and company said...

ummmm I could tell you books to read for days! I will get a list together and email it to you or something. Seriously!!
Love ya